Hello, anyone. Forgive me for not posting more regularly, but time seems to get away from me very easily. With my apology out of the way, let me share some library news with you:
- Things have been busy as always in the LMC, especially with the addition of regularly scheduled classes in our library rooms. The EMT course, the robotics lab, and the math & tech classes housed in the library have been a great success this year. In no small part this is a reflection of both the teachers’ high expectations and our students engagement in interesting, relevant and dynamic courses.
- 2016-17 was also the first full year of our new National Academy Foundation (NAF) program spearheaded and painstakingly cobbled together by a team of incredible educators led by Victoria Kelley and Lisa Hunt (whose office is also in the LMC). Below you can view a short video that introduces the program.
- We’ve had two more great Coffee House Nights in the LMC thanks to Mr. Jordan and the Student Council. This bi-annual event has become a great event to showcase all sorts of talents in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere. Below you will find a few pictures taken by Ms. Caradonna. You can find more pix on her Facebook page.
- Thank you to Mrs. Blaustein and her classes for encouraging me to develop what is becoming our “Technology Museum” in the LMC. Our collection of outdated and obsolete hardware is a testament to the continuing improvements made by scientific inquiry and the application of those discoveries to our everyday lives. Right now, I am still in the gathering and labeling stage of organizing the collection, but eventually I hope to have an interactive, hands-on “museum” that will allow students to handle and even use the equipment, some of which still works.
- Lastly, beginning Monday, March 13th, the LMC will have its own Chromebook cart with 30 computers available for in-library use only. The cart can be reserved by teachers to use in the pit or individual computers can be checked out by students, with their school IDs. These laptops are to be used for school work, but will not permit students to print.
Thank you for stopping by, have a great weekend, and I hope you found something useful.
Copyright © henry toromoreno, 2017. All rights reserved.