Summer vacation seems like it happened long ago now, and I hope you had a great break and feel ready for a new school year. I want to welcome all our new staff members and our freshman class. I look forward to meeting everyone as they join our family in the Hillie Nation. You will find me (Mr. T) and my trusty sidekick, Ms. Sicard, in the Library Media Center (LMC), across from everyone’s favorite destination at HHS, the cafeteria.
Here are some important reminders/announcements for the LMC:
- The HHS LMC Catalog can be found here and at the bottom of the HHS Launchpad, under “View More Links Here”.
- The LMC is open from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm daily and we can be reached at extension 1143 if you have any questions
- Teachers can begin booking time in the library to bring their classes. We have two computer labs with 28 and 25 PCs, respectively. We also have 5 computers for Virtual High School (VHS) students. PLEASE NOTE that the LMC labs and other library visits (to check out books or use the pit, for example) should be arranged at the circulation desk … of course, we have a book.
- Teachers of freshman English classes can begin scheduling visits for an LMC orientation. This introduction to the LMC’s rules and resources takes only one class period. Freshman orientation visits will be held Tuesday, September 16th – Friday, September 28th.
- Students who have a study period scheduled, can sign up for library study. Students can sign up before first period or at 2:05, after the last school bell. (Study teachers, please DO NOT give students a pass to the library … they should sign up with us). Please call ahead of time if you absolutely must send a student or students for any reason to the LMC and ALWAYS send them with a pass.
- Anyone wishing to use the library afterschool for a meeting or an event should contact the main office (xt. 1100) to make sure it is available. Students who wish to study, use computers or gather in the library afterschool do not have to make any arrangements ahead of time.
Please keep in mind that there are always many people using the LMC at the same time for different reasons (VHS, early-college, directed study), and it gets difficult to keep a track of who belongs there and who doesn’t. We appreciate your cooperation and thank you in advance for your assistance.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great week.
Copyright © henry toromoreno, 2014. All rights reserved.