Sorry I didn’t post anything again for two weeks. Like many of you, I am still trying to catch up to everything that accumulates over the course of every school year. Here we are in February (oops, it’s March now!). Time online seems to flies by, while the real world demands so much attention and drags along mightily. Still, I do have many things to share and as a way to catch up, I’d like to use the trusted bullet list:
- The LMC will be closed much of next week for MCAS re-testing. Please check with us after lunch every day to see if the testing is complete.
- The HHS student literary magazine thinker is now available for the low price of $1. We only printed a few dozen copies, so if you would like one, please stop by the library. The work in the print edition is a great example of the wonderful talent at Haverhill HS and can be viewed online at our thinkerlitmag blog.
- A big thank you to Ms. Medvetz’s classes for great visits to the library. I hope that my presentation on searching for literary criticism convinced you to turn to the HPL databases for the best resources. Also remember that Google Scholar might have the complete text of your 19th or early 20th century novel.
- Thank you to Ms. Malbon for recommending Wordle, a site that creates “word clouds”. It was fun for more than a few too many minutes, as I played with it to figure out what the site was doing with my words. I found shorter entries, with a common theme or idea had more interesting results. Go see for yourself.
- One of my favorite pastimes (when the web was still young) was finding live web cams streaming videos of places I wish I could visit. Fortunately, some of these webcams still exist and they are to be found in some pretty interesting places. One site that I found with a cool collection is EarthCams. Just thought I’d pass that along, now that another storm is heading our way, and some of us wish we could be somewhere else.
Thank you for stopping by, and I’ll see you all tomorrow. Or Tuesday, maybe.
Copyright © henry toromoreno, 2009. All rights reserved.