Welcome back for the 2008-2009 school year! It’s been great seeing so many people that I really love working with all back in one place. As always, we at the HHS LMC are here to try to make your days as teachers, administrators and students better and more rewarding. Already we are getting many questions and requests, so I thought I’d use this opportunity to address some of these.
Important Library dates
- 8/28, Thurs: Teachers can arrange for class visits to check out books
- 9/02, Tues: English teachers can arrange for classes to pick up portfolios
- 9/02, Tues: Freshman English teachers can schedule for library orientation
- 9/08, Mon: Study students can sign up for library study
For all your AV and media concerns, call at once (xt. 1143) if you need
- a bulb for your overhead projector, and you should have it in minutes
- help connecting your tv, vcr or dvd player, and it should be ok in moments
- a vcr, cassette player, CD player, or radio, for we have plenty of those
- a dvd player or video projector and screen, but I’d prefer to know two days before … and I can’t promise to get you one right away
Review of basic library rules
- Students may sign up for the library (if they have a scheduled study), only before homeroom starts or after school, after 2:05.
- Students may not get a pass from their study or directed study teachers to the library. Subject teachers may send students with a pass (up to 3) to complete class work or take a test. (Please call to advise us if you are sending students out of a class)
- Hats, hoods, cell phones, are not allowed. And every other rule in the student handbook also applies in the library.
- The library is a large common space, available and welcoming to all who wish to convene (after making arrangements or getting a pass), thus anyone who disrupts or interferes with the WORK being done, will be asked to leave – and may be banned for some time, depending on the wishes of the Oracle.
- Remember to leave the library the way you found it. If you moved a chair, put it back. If your students moved chairs, have your students put them back. Better still … don’t move the chairs.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library. Food includes anything you put in your mouth that you intend to swallow or chew on. Drink includes water. I can’t make this any clearer.
- We are here to help anyone and everyone who asks for help, especially when they ask with a smile.
I think that’s it. Now I have to go do my homework assignment for Mr. Cosgrove. I’ll explain later. Thanks for stopping by.
© 2008 henry toromoreno